Beads with Faith is a family run company based upon the Rosary and its teachings. As a Catholic company we aim to encompass faith and bead craft to create handmade Rosary beads, chaplets and Christocentric jewellery items. This blog will contain faith centred articles, information about our workshops and some of our products.
As we embark on this beautiful month of October, I came across this stunning artwork and thought it was possibly the most beautiful thing to share with you all. It will probably touch more hearts than anything I myself have to say so I will make this post short!
What do you think of when you think of the Word ROSARY… ?
Our soon to be Saint Pope John Paul II was a wonderful Advocate of this beautiful prayer, in fact it is the most encouraged prayer by Saints, Popes and by the Blessed Mother herself – I have yet to hear of a Saint who didnt pray the Rosary…
The Rosary is a very powerful and special prayer, it teaches us about the life of Jesus and how to meditate on His life. Our Blessed Mother Mary has asked us many times to pray the Rosary and she has even made 15 Promises to people that pray the Rosary faithfully. She revealed these promises to St Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche for people that pray the Rosary with devotion.
15 PROMISES FOR CHRISTIANS THAT PRAY THE ROSARY
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armour against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying themselves to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful in reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory, those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son, that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors, the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of My only son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Praying the decades (10 Hail Mary’s) of the Rosary is not about focusing on the meaning of each word of each prayer. It is about thinking about the story for that decade. For example, the first sorrowful mystery is the Agony in the Garden. While a person says the 10 Hail Mary’s for that decade they might think about how Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane and what Jesus said and did there. To do this it helps to know the Gospel passages regarding the mysteries, which you will find beside the names of each mystery (story) as you go. The rosary is a prayer of the gospels as we not only meditate on the gospel scene, but most of the prayers are also taken from Scripture verses.
“The Rosary is the most beautiful and richest of all prayers to the Mediatrix of all grace; it is the prayer that touches most the heart of the Mother of God. Say it each day.”
Pope Pius X
“Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world.”
Saint Pope Pius IX
“Among the various supplications with which we successfully appeal to the Virgin Mother of God, the Holy Rosary without doubt occupies a special and distinct place. This prayer, which some call the Psalter of the Virgin or Breviary of the Gospel and of Christian life, was described and recommended by Our Predecessor of happy memory, Leo XIII”
Pope Pius XI
“The Holy Rosary is the storehouse of countless blessings.”
Blessed Alan de la Roche
“The rosary is the book of the blind, where souls see and there enact the greatest drama of love the world has ever known; it is the book of the simple, which initiates them into mysteries and knowledge more satisfying than the education of other men; it is the book of the aged, whose eyes close upon the shadow of this world, and open on the substance of the next. The power of the rosary is beyond description.”
Archbishop Fulton Sheen
“The Rosary is the central devotion of my life and of my family. It is the way in which I chiefly come to know and understand my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
“Pray the Rosary every day to obtain peace for the world.”
Our Blessed Mother to the Seers of Fatima
I was blessed to come across a beautiful magazine from the Little Sisters of the Poor called 'Safe Home' ... this article is really very beautiful and I thought I would share it with you ....as we approach October the month of the Holy Rosary:
From a human perspective we have many different definitions of love. If we return to our Christian roots and Biblical teaching, our catechesis and our own knowledge of Our Faith, we can view the Biblical definition of love and we can try to live it. This is not a simple thing to do and so having found this beautiful 10 ways to love, I thought I would share it with you all as we embark on a new journey of love, getting to know one another and helping each other to grow in faith.